New Year Kickstart | Setting Goals For The Year
At the beginning of a new year, it’s pretty common to set yourself some new goals or resolutions.
There’s something about ending one year and commencing another that provides us with a sense of completion and an opportunity to start again, bigger and better, both learning from the year gone, and yearning for the opportunities and challenges that lay ahead.
As most of you would know, we are VERY focused on goals at Wealth Enhancers.
Our whole advisory process is based on helping our clients both identify and ultimately achieve their goals. For us this time of year is extremely important.
Spending time on planning the year ahead is an investment each year. It has been an integral part of our continued growth. It’s a time in which we reconnect with why we do what we do, how we do it and, more importantly, set goals for how we can do what we do better.
Have you spent the time over the break to reflect on what you achieved last year, and set your new goals for 2018? If not, it’s worth making an appointment with yourself (and with any coaches or advisers you use) to make this happen.
There are a couple of things to consider during your New Year kickstart that can help you make your goals a reality this year.
- Set your big picture goals, but focus on what you can do this quarter to help you stay motivated now.
- Write your goals down. This is much more of a commitment to yourself than just thinking about them.
- Put them somewhere you will review them regularly, like on your mirror, in the car or in your diary.
- Find a way to track and measure your goals – there are heaps of apps that can help you with this! Seeing progress is a huge motivator.
- Think of your goals and resolutions as forming a new habit. It will require focus initially and will become easier and easier over time.
Most importantly, believe in yourself and you will smash whatever it is you have set for 2018!
If growing your wealth, developing a better relationship with your money, or getting out of debt is important to you this year, take advantage of our FREE Strategy Session to get you started.
Disclaimer: all information contained within this article is of a general nature. It should not be relied upon when making financial decisions. Please consult a professional financial advisor or planner (like us!) before acting.